When Does Your Child Starts Teething
Teething is one of the most important milestones of your baby’s growth. When you baby starts to hit his 3 to 6 months after birth, it is expected to experience discomforts due to the changes of their body. For some infants, they might likely to have an earlier teething stage as their body starts at 3 months old.
There were no scientific explanations with regards on why teething can start at early age while others have to keep waiting a little longer up to a year or a half more.
Some infants can experience teething at the later age which the babies can handle less stress due to their age. It happens because according to some doctors, having your baby’s teething activity can differ because it is hereditary and not because of taking some additional medications and vitamins.
Babies on their teething stage can have different level of difficulty for them to handle their body’s change. Most of the babies to start teething at an early are much fussier and stress because of the pain and discomfort.
Parents, especially for the first time moms should know on how to handle the child’s situation. It is very important to know in advance the dos and don’ts on how to deal the child’s discomfort and pain in order for your child to succeed their teething stage in a less stress and worry-free stage.
Teething: Signs and Symptoms
For days before the start of breaking of gums to show teeth, your child may experience the different kinds of symptoms and signs that the teething period has begun. Most of the children may show the following signs:
- Excessive dropping of saliva from your baby’s mouth.
- Red Spots will start to show in the face and can sometimes spread all over the body.
- Irritability and Fussiness
At this stage, your baby can experience too much pain and uneasiness as they still can’t endure the pain from teething.
Swelling Of Gums
As your baby starts to show the signs of teething, the outer part of gums will become sore as the teeth will start to sprout. Days after the signs starts and the gums start to break, the first teeth will show.
Sleep Deprivation or Sleep Pattern Changing
Sleep is hardly enjoy with your baby at this period of time in which the pain that they are feeling can be worsen as the moment of showing the teeth starts. Because of this, it is normal for the baby to escape sleep as they feel momentarily in pain.
Sensitive of Refusal to Food Intake
As your baby starts its teething period, it is common scenario that they might refuse from eating. As their gums become sore, it is very hard for them to take any food as they are in pain. The most common and yet can be easily notice is their biting habit. Because of their sore gums, it is very likely to them to find anything hard to be biten off.
Some teething symptoms such as fever, nausea, diarrhea and others are commonly associated with teething, but some experts disagree on whether it is really a cause of symptoms.
Teething Order Chart
Within the teething stage, parents should take note that the proper order on teething can sometimes be different than any other children as most of the infants might start earlier time while other babies can start at a later date. But with the normal process, the teething order can be seen in this order in transition from swollen gums to pearly white teeth.
During teething stage, it is expected for parents to see different changes within the baby. A constant change of moods and extreme attitude might come up during this growth. As your child is experiencing a high level of pain during the teething period, parents should make sure to give comforting remedies within this progress.
Parents should be equipped with knowledge on how to handle these changes properly. This might be the most stressful moment that any parent can face. When this moment comes, here are some effective remedies that you can apply to your child.
- Cooled foods that are ready to eat. You can create frozen fruits and vegetables such as frozen banana, grapes, carrots and even yogurt can do.
- Cold Spoon – Some parents give cold spoons for their infants but it is under supervision by adults.
- Cold Washcloth – One of the best and safest teething toys is a cold washcloth. Freezing a clean and soft cloth to freezer for under 15 minutes can help in easing pain.
- Gum Massage – This is the simplest step to do for a teething baby. By rubbing your clean finger into their gums, it feels soothing for a sore gum.
- Iced Pacifiers – Similar with teething toys, you can put the pacifier into the freezer for atleast 15 minutes and let your baby enjoy the comfort after you hand it to them.
- Teething Activity – In order to distract your child from feeling of discomfort, you can create a series of activities that your child can revert their attention than keeping the pain within their mouth. It is one of the most important products that can help your baby from choking. It is the other way to give your child a whole, fresh food without you worrying about them being choked.
- Teething Gels – This remedy must be applied with the doctor’s knowledge, in which at some cases it can create harmful allergies to some children.
- Teething Toys – This is the most common remedy for a teething baby. With the different designs and textures that you can choose for your baby, it is much easier for them to like these toys.